NOW HIRING: Taproom Manager
Taproom Manager Job Description – Full Time
OPEN APPLY WINDOW: 11/30-12/14
About Jagged Mountain Craft Brewery:
Jagged Mountain opened its doors in 2013 with a vision to offer Adventurous Beer
for Adventurous People in the great state of Colorado. Fueled by our passion for the
outdoors we created a brewery that reflected our passions in all things adventurous.
In the past 3 years, we’ve strived to serve quality craft beer that is carefully
designed to be complex, full of character and approachable to all. Our efforts have
helped grow our business to not only be a successful staple in the Colorado brewing
community, but to ensure continued quality and consistency throughout the Jagged
brand. Since our doors opened, our small brewery has grown greatly. We currently
offer our beer in our taproom as well as in over 20 restaurants and bars in the Front
Range, and we participate in roughly 30 festivals and events a year. We run a very
successful program called Jagged Gives that donates thousands of dollars to nonprofits
through taproom events throughout the year. Our staff shares our passion
for craft beer and the outdoors, and represents our brewery by delivering an
excellent taproom experience to our guests.
We are looking for a self-motivated professional to manage our popular taproom in
Denver, CO. Our taproom offers a welcoming and warm atmosphere for all to enjoy
our fine craft beer, and most importantly it serves as the face of the brewery. The
right candidate would be responsible for coordinating taproom operation, staffing,
events and sales while helping visitors learn about our brewing passion.
The ideal candidate must be well versed on the current state of the craft brewing
industry and have a real passion for beer and the techniques used to make them.
Candidate must also maintain at least two bartending shifts per week, helping to
stay engaged with staff and bar. The successful candidate will be easy going and
good-natured while at the same time effective and self-motivated.
• Be directly responsible for delivering an extraordinary taproom experience
to visitors and regulars at the taproom.
• Hire, schedule and manage employees working in taproom during normal
hours and events.
• Maintain safe, healthy and sustainable tap room environment
• Manage brewery human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training,
coaching, and counseling taproom staff; communicating job expectations
• Arrange, solicit, organize and run on-site events and private parties.
• Manage and maintain successful Jagged Gives program.
• Assist in marketing product releases.
• Be responsible for prudent cash handling, daily reporting, and cleaning.
• Rigorously maintain draft systems in the taproom.
• Manage inventory, daily tap selections, and menu.
• Manage cleanliness, appearance, and merchandising in the taproom.
• Manage customer programs (ie Mug Club, Run Club, etc)
• Maintain relationships and scheduling of food trucks
• Knowledge of and passion for craft beer and the brewing industry.
• Cicerone Certification desired or willing to achieve certification.
• 5 years desired bar/restaurant, brewery/winery, retail management.
• Purchasing, inventory controls, and marketing.
• Knowledge and experience with restaurant POS System.
• Skills and experience in verbal communication and customer focus.
• Must be able to work weekends, evenings and some events.
• Excellent customer service, interpersonal and proven leadership skills.
• Knowledge and experience with scheduling.
The selected candidate will be a very important part of the management team. We
are looking for a team player, and one who is excited about the challenge of helping
to continue to grow and build a successful business. We’re looking for someone
who is interested in playing a role in the overall business long term. This candidate
will report directly to the General Manager.
Compensation will be based on experience.
If you’re interested in applying, please send a cover letter and resume to
Chad@jaggedmountainbrewery.com or apply in person at Jagged Mountain Craft
Brewery 1139 20TH ST Denver, CO 80202.