Now Hiring: Cellarman
Now Hiring! Cellarman – Part Time with Full Time potential – Start date 8/28/19
About Jagged Mountain Craft Brewery:
Jagged Mountain opened its doors in 2013 with a vision to offer Adventurous Beer for Adventurous People in the great state of Colorado. Fueled by our passion for the outdoors we created a brewery that reflected our passions in all things adventurous. In the past 5 years, we’ve strived to serve quality craft beer that is carefully designed to be complex, full of character and approachable to all. Our efforts have helped grow our business to not only be a successful staple in the Colorado brewing community, but to ensure continued quality and consistency throughout the Jagged brand. Since our doors opened, our small brewery has grown greatly. We currently offer our beer in our taproom as well as in over 20 restaurants and bars in the Front Range, and we participate in roughly 30 festivals and events a year. We run a very successful program called Jagged Gives that donates thousands of dollars to non-profits through taproom events throughout the year. Our staff shares our passion for craft beer and the outdoors, and represents our brewery by delivering an excellent taproom experience to our guests.
Jagged Mountain is seeking a skilled, enthusiastic and hardworking craft beer lover to join our brewing team in a cellarman capacity. The primary focus of this position, but not exclusively, is to provide support to our Head Brewer and team through various cellaring activities. The position is extremely task driven and needs an individual who is able to multi-task and deal with the entire Jagged team as a whole, with attention to detail being of the utmost importance. This role will touch all areas of the brewhouse from time to time; production, cellaring, inventory, packaging, etc.
The ideal candidate must be well versed on the current state of the craft brewing industry and have a real passion for beer and the techniques used to make them. The successful candidate will be easy going and good-natured while at the same time effective and self-motivated.
• Follow Safety protocols and best practices
• Maintain a sanitary production environment
• General Cellar Duty
o Gravities, Dry hoping, crashing, fining, plug pulling, etc.
• Beer Transfers from Fermentation to brite tank and carbonation
• CIP/SIP of fermentation tanks and brite tank
• Packaging: Kegs, Cans, Bottles.
• Keg cleaning
• Record Keeping
• Sensory Analysis of beer
• Yeast Management
• Previous commercial brewing experience
• Knowledge of brewing process
• Flexible hours, must be willing to work on weekends and potentially during evenings
• Must be able to self-start and work independently
• Must be able to lift 55lbs overhead.
• Must be able to lift and move full kegs (165lbs)
• Must be incredibly passionate for the craft beer industry
• Formal brewing education is encouraged, but not required
• Homebrew experience
• Experience with pumps, glycol systems, boiler, basic electrical, basic plumbing and facilities maintenance.
Compensation will be based on experience.
If you’re interested in applying, send resume to Alyssa@jaggedmountainbrewery.com or apply in person at Jagged Mountain Craft Brewery 1139 20TH ST Denver, CO 80202.