Now Hiring: Cellarman
About Jagged Mountain Craft Brewery:
Jagged Mountain opened its doors in 2013 with a vision to offer Adventurous Beer for Adventurous People in the great state of Colorado. Fueled by our passion for the outdoors we created a brewery that reflected our passions in all things adventurous. In the past 5 years, we’ve strived to serve quality craft beer that is carefully designed to be complex, full of character and approachable to all. Our efforts have helped grow our business to not only be a successful staple in the Colorado brewing community, but to ensure continued quality and consistency throughout the Jagged brand. Since our doors opened, our small brewery has grown greatly. We currently offer our beer in our taproom as well as in over 20 restaurants and bars in the Front Range, and we participate in roughly 30 festivals and events a year. We run a very successful program called Jagged Gives that donates thousands of dollars to non-profits through taproom events throughout the year. Our staff shares our passion for craft beer and the outdoors, and represents our brewery by delivering an excellent taproom experience to our guests.
Jagged Mountain is seeking a skilled, enthusiastic and hardworking craft beer lover to join our brewing team in a cellarman capacity. The primary focus of this position, but not exclusively, is to provide support to our Head Brewer and team through various cellaring activities. The position is extremely task driven and needs an individual who is able to multi-task and deal with the entire Jagged team as a whole, with attention to detail being of the utmost importance. This role will touch all areas of the brewhouse from time to time; production, cellaring, inventory, packaging, etc.
The ideal candidate must be well versed on the current state of the craft brewing industry and have a real passion for beer and the techniques used to make them. The successful candidate will be easy going and good-natured while at the same time effective and self-motivated.
- Follow Safety protocols and best practices
- Maintain a sanitary production environment
- General Cellar Duty
- Gravities, Dry hoping, crashing, fining, plug pulling, etc.
- Beer Transfers from Fermentation to brite tank and carbonation
- CIP/SIP of fermentation tanks and brite tank
- Packaging: Kegs, Cans, Bottles.
- Keg cleaning
- Record Keeping
- Sensory Analysis of beer
- Yeast Management
- Secondary Education is required, either a 4 year or 2 year college degree/certification or equivalent.
- Formal brewing education is encouraged, but does not serve as a substitute for accredited secondary education
- Commercial brewery experience is a must. Home brewing experience is NOT a substitute. Internship experience is acceptable
- Must be willing to work on weekends and potentially during evenings
- Must be able to self-start and work independently
- Must be able to lift 55lbs overhead.
- Must be able to lift and move full kegs (165lbs)
- Must have complete and professional resume, cover letter, and references at time of application. NO EXCEPTIONS
- Must be incredibly passionate for the craft beer industry
- 1+ years commercial cellar experience in a commercial brewery
- Experience with pumps, glycol systems, boiler, basic electrical, basic plumbing and facilities maintenance.
The selected candidate will be a very important part of the team. We are looking for a team player, and one who is excited about the challenge of helping to continue to grow and build a successful business. We’re looking for someone who is interested in playing a role in the overall business long term. This candidate will report directly to the Head Brewer and General Manager.
Compensation will be based on experience.
If you’re interested in applying, please send a cover letter and resume to Adam@jaggedmountainbrewery.com or apply in person at Jagged Mountain Craft Brewery 1139 20TH ST Denver, CO 80202.