We feel it’s important to be an active part of the Denver, Colorado, and outdoor communities. As a result, we are developing relationships and figuring out strategies to not just make great beer, but to also give back.
1) The Jagged Gives Program
Check our calendar for upcoming Jagged Gives events!
(Wild Wings Environmental Education with some birds of prey in our taproom; Brad McQueen recounting his and his wife’s rescue from Mt. Evans as part of a benefit for Alpine Rescue Team; Denver School of Nursing students)
The program is straightforward:
- Approved non-profits work with us to determine a date for their event. The event will be added to our calendar and promoted by Jagged Mountain.
- The non-profit hosts their event. Previous groups have hosted annual membership meetings, done a silent auction, provided live music, had organization-centric games or trivia, raffled off prizes from sponsors, etc.
- $1 from every beer sold in our taproom during the event will be donated to the non-profit (maximum donation of $500)!
- Fill out a short application and W-9 form.
- The event must be scheduled on a Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday. Rockies home games and holidays excluded.
- A minimum attendance of 30 people of your own invite. Jagged Mountain reserves the right to revoke the donation if this minimum is not met.
- Must provide one activity for customers to engage in: presentation, silent auction, games, giveaways, crafts, etc.
- The event must run between 2-3 hours in duration.
- Create a flyer that can be printed out and hung in the taproom within adequate timing to market the event.
Do you know of a non-profit that could benefit from the Jagged Gives Program?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a Jagged Gives application!
2) The Jagged Pack Project:
2017 UPDATE: WE HAVE NOW PROVIDED OVER 65 BACKPACKS WITH SUPPLIES – 100% OF IT DONATED FROM OUR AWESOME CUSTOMERS AND COMMUNITY PARTNERS, INCLUDING SLEEP TIGHT COLORADO, THE ACCESS FUND, AND SIERK PEDIATRIC DENTISTRY!
In an area of our taproom, you will notice a small space dedicated to the Jagged Pack Project. It is our hope that friends, customers, and others will donate supplies, which will later be packaged by a team of Jagged volunteers and provided to local people in need. When you swing by for a beer, bring any or all of these items with you and toss them in the box:
– USED mountaineering backpacks or any other used backpack laying around that you aren’t using anymore. Last year’s kids’ backpacks work too. We only care that you don’t buy new ones for us; let’s reuse as much of the old as we possibly can. If you really want to help us out and can’t find one at home, check out your local thrift stores.
- 1 liter bottled water
- 1 toothbrush
- 1 tube toothpaste
- 1 bar of soap
20% of our local homeless population is female, so feel free to include various sizes for both men and women
- Shaving cream
We want to say thank you in advance for helping us help others. We hope it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy too. If not, one of our beers can fix that problem.
3) Donation Requests
Thank you for considering us to be a part of your special event. At Jagged Mountain, we are always looking for ways to support our community and build strong relationships with local non-profit organizations. As we grow, we are striving to assist those who fall in line with our core values and have a love for the beautiful state of Colorado.
Due to the amount of requests we receive, we must use discretion. Please review the set of requirements in order to be considered to receive a donation:
Requests must be submitted at least 30 days prior to the event.
Beneficiary must be a registered 501(c)(3) organization with a valid Tax ID number.
All events must be held in the state of Colorado.
Donation Request Form